[Webinar Recording] Learn how mindfulness techniques can help build student resilience
During an hour-long webinar, broadcast on March 18, 2014, Amy Bloom Connolly, M.S., Founder & Director of The Center for Mindful Awareness and Dr. Harriette Wimms, Director of Student Support at The SEED School of Maryland:
- Examine the role of social emotional learning in the classroom.
- Explore the relationship between social emotional learning and self-regulation, executive functioning, academic persistence, and social skills development.
- Discuss the impact of mindfulness practices on social emotional learning in the classroom setting.
- Provide an overview of the research on mindfulness and brain development and children.
- Examine two effective mindfulness practices for supporting self-awareness, fostering emotional regulation and strengthening executive functioning.
- Share three resources for learning more about the effective use of mindfulness in classrooms.